***You can now booking camping pitches online via our accommodation online booking system*
Our tranquil campsite set in the woodlands surrounding Rydal Hall is ideal for individuals or families looking for a quiet stay in the outdoors. Situated in a conservation area, it is perfect for those wanting a simple base from which to explore the Lake District.
The shower and toilet block sources water from our private supply, whilst electricity from our hydro-electric plant augmented by solar power ensures excellent facilities and keeps our carbon footprint to a minimum.
It is perfect for those wanting a simple base from which to explore the Lake District, England’s largest National Park.
Our campsite is open all year round except the Christmas period - 24th to the 27th December each year.
- Family groups up to four adults and four children maximum without prior agreement.
- Quiet site, we’re an area of tranquil natural beauty.
- Responsible groups accepted please note this is a quiet campsite. There will be restrictions at peak times.
- Check-in from 2pm and check out by 10am.
- Plug sockets available in the shower block.
- You may have a short elevated walk from your vehicle to your pitch. Our Wardens are at hand if you require any assistance.
- We are delighted to host Duke of Edinburgh Awards events at specific times of year. Unfortunately, we do have restrictions on large groups on the campsite during high season especially during the school and Bank holidays unless you book the whole campsite exclusively. Alternatively, your group could stay at the Bunkhouse which sleeps 28 people.
Per person per pitch per night inclusive of use of campsite showers and toilets.
- Adult: High Season (April - October) from £18 per night / Low Season (November - March) from £12.50 night
- Children aged 3-16 years, D of E - High Season (April - October excluding School & Bank Holidays) from £10 per night / Low Season (November - March) from £10 night
- Under 3 years old: No charge
- Car: £5 per night
- Dog: £5 per dog per night
- Gazebo: £10 per night
Always looking for ways to help and encourage our guests and staff to protect the environment, we now have new eco-friendly products in our shop in the hall. Check them out!
- Two different scents of shampoo bar - coconut & argan oil and rose & geranium.
- Nature’s toothpaste flavoured with natural oils of peppermint, clove and geranium.
- Biodegradable bamboo handy wipes.
- Environmental toothbrush, the handle is environmentally sustainable and biodegradable bamboo
- Eco-friendly firelighters.