Our tranquil campsite set in the woodlands surrounding Rydal Hall is ideal for individuals or families looking for a quiet stay in the outdoors. Situated in a conservation area, it is perfect for those wanting a simple base from which to explore the Lake District.
The shower and toilet block sources water from our private supply, whilst electricity from our hydro-electric plant augmented by solar power ensures excellent facilities and keeps our carbon footprint to a minimum.
The site is not suitable for campervans, caravans or motorhomes, and there are no electric hook-ups.
It is perfect for those wanting a simple base from which to explore the Lake District, England’s largest National Park.
Our campsite is open all year round.
- Maximum tent size 7m x 7m
- Two pitches required for larger tents.
- Family groups up to four adults and four children maximum without prior agreement.
- Quiet site.
- No large groups permitted.
Per person per pitch per night inclusive of use of campsite showers and toilets.
- Adult: £14 per night
- Children aged 3-16 years, D of E: £7 per night
- Under 3 years old: No charge
- Car: £5 per night
- Dog: £3 per night
- Gazebo: £8 per night
Always looking for ways to help and encourage our guests and staff to protect the environment, we now have new eco-friendly products in our shop in the hall. Check them out!
- Two different scents of shampoo bar - coconut & argan oil and rose & geranium.
- Nature’s toothpaste flavoured with natural oils of peppermint, clove and geranium.
- Biodegradable bamboo handy wipes.
- Environmental toothbrush, the handle is environmentally sustainable and biodegradable bamboo
- Eco-friendly firelighters.