Old School Room Tea Shop
We serve a selection of light refreshments including:
• Homemade cakes and hot and cold drinks
• Northern Bloc Ice Cream (Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
ALL CYCLISTS RECEIVE 10% OFF ON HOT AND COLD DRINKS
GET A 10% DISCOUNT ON YOUR HOT DRINK, WHEN YOU BRING YOUR OWN MUG.
It was originally built by Sir Daniel Fleming as a schoolroom for his sons. Sir Daniel’s accounts show that he employed a tutor for a few weeks or months, then, when his sons had benefited from all their expertise, a new tutor was appointed to teach a different subject. One of his sons, George Fleming, went on to become Bishop of Carlisle.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Tea Shop will be closed on Wednesday 4 and Thursday 5 August.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience!
We look forward to welcoming you on Friday 6 August.
10:30am - 5:00pm
Please be assured that Covid-19 Safeguarding measures will be in place with a one way system, hand sanitising stations and protective screens at the till where contact less will be the preferred payment method. Apologies, but cash will not be accepted.
- Homemade soup & baguette (rice cake for GF) & butter 4.50
- Freshly made sandwiches £2.95 and baguettes £3.50 on request GF bread)
See counter for today’s selection
Lancashire cheese & Westmorland chutney
Tuna mayonnaise & cucumber
Ham & red onion marmalade or honey mustard
Hummus & roasted pepper
Brie & cranberry
Feta cheese and falafel (green leaves, lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumber with yougurt & mint dressing £4.50
Chicken and bacon (green leaves, tomato, red onion, cucumber with honey mustard dressing) £4.50
Classic Rydal Hall (houmous, boiled egg, green leaves, olives, lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumber, sunflower seeds) £4.50
- Selection of cakes & tray bakes
see counter for today’s selection from 1.90
- Homemade scone & butter 2.20
Homemade scone, butter & jam 2.50
Homemade scone, butter, jam & clotted cream 3.00
The Old School Room Cream Tea Homemade scone, butter, jam, clotted cream and a pot of Lakeland tea (or filter coffee on request) 4.50
Pot of Tea
- Lakeland Special 2.00
- Decaffeinated 2.00
- Earl Grey, Assam 2.10
- Green tea, Fruit teas, Red bush, Camomile, Mint, Lemon & Ginger
(Soya milk or slice of lemon available on request.) £2.10
- Coffee Filter coffee 1.95
- Americano 2.20 Espresso 1.65
- Double espresso 2.10
- Cafetière 2.50
- Flat white 2.20
- Cappuccino 2.70
- Latte 2.70
- Ice Latte 2.70
- Gingerbread Latte 3.00
- Gingerbread Ice Latte 3.00
- Mocha (Soya milk available on request. All coffees (except filter and Cafetière) available decaffeinated.) 3.00
- Hot chocolate small 2.50
- Hot chocolate large 3.50
toppings - cream, flake, marshmallows (each) 0.30
- Gingerbread steamer small 2.25
- Gingerbread steamer large 3.00
- Hot/Cold Elderflower small 0.95
- Hot/Cold Elderflower large 1.20
- Babyccino 1.00
- Milk (glass) 1.25
- Cans from 1.80
- Bottle Green 2.50
- Cartons 1.40
- Organic Apple juice 2.25
- Organic Apple & Raspberry 2.40
- Ice Cream 2.25
For allergen information, please ask a member of the team
Tea Shop Art
Every month or two different artists display their artwork in the Tea Shop.
Carole lives locally in the Langdale area and is inspired by the local landscapes and by visits to Scotland and New Zealand. Recently she has begun to explore the use of oil pastels and experiment with different techniques and types of paper.